Thursday, August 5, 2010

Megaupdate


So I meant to update this a couple of days ago, but that's okay, because there will just be more in this update.

It's more exciting when I update from both the story and art side anyway :D

ART: What you see to the right of this is non other than Ardal's Bear form complete :D Ardal is a happy jokester for the most part, but he's also a regal and fierce bear, the combination adds for an amused expression.

STORY: I am starting to write out the script for Chapter 1 and the Prologue has been fully editted (for now). I took a break from writing, however, before Chapter 1 to develop out Snow White, Rose Red and their Mother more. Their Mother now has a name, River Clear, though you will not see it mentioned more than likely. I know feel like I'm dealing with real characters now and not just flat fairytale girls. Snow White is now more of a curious, but shy girl and Rose Red runs headlong into everything, but isn't very perceptive.

I have been cheating on SWRR with another project though lol. I am one of the Open Mode writers for RockRobin, a band management sim. My character won a contest and I'm VERY taken with this character. Dealing with this new character however is what made me realize that the reason I have such a hard time writing SWRR is because I haven't developed the girls enough (the boys are OVER developed LOL)

Hopefully I'll be done with chapter 1 and 2 soon :) After that I'm going to write the first "week" of VN and then focus on coding, instead of story, for a bit. Though Aleema agreed to help coding, she is also VERY busy with life and RockRobin.

Anyway that portion of the story is what the demo is going to have.

Artwise I have Faolan next and then Don and then Mother. I am 3/5 done with all the sprites and this makes me very happy. After all the sprites are complete I'm focusing on how many CG Event pictures I will need and then I start on them.


A loose percentage of progress:

Character Sprites: 60%
Backgrounds: 15%
CG Event Pictures: 0%

Plot: 100%
Script: 10%
Coding: 0%


No comments:

Post a Comment